By Natalie Heberlie, Clinic Manager at ApexNetwork Physical Therapy Smithton
We use an evidence-based form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively address scar tissue and fascial restrictions through comprehensive training, resulting in improved patient outcomes.
The technique uses specially-designed stainless steel instruments, along with appropriate therapeutic exercise, to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation. The instruments also are used diagnostically to follow the kinetic chain, to locate and treat the cause of the symptom as well as the specific area of pain.
For our patients:
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Allows patients to remain on the job
- Reduces the need for splints, braces and job-site modifications
- Contributes to reduction of labor and healthcare costs, direct and indirect
Nearly all Apex employees are trained in this technique. Check out our list of locations to find an Apex near you!